Here in Chicagoland, we always have cold winters with lots of snow. Our temperatures get to below freezing and our wind chills are even worse. This particular winter has not been as bad as usual but the east coast just got hit with a blizzard. There are thousands burried in snow and without electric. I really hope their power is restored quickly.
Since it isn't safe to keep a coat on a child while in a car seat, I tend to use those thick car seat covers that keep Baby Jack warm so he doesn't need a coat and I don't have to throw blankets on top of him. I used one brand with Gracie when she was a baby and another recently with Baby Jack. I just happened to stumbled upon 7 A.M.Enfant. They carry these car seat covers too but they are so elegant and they carry a lot more than just car seat covers too!
7 A.M. Enfant sent me their new Polar igloo™ and not only is it so so warm, it's beautiful too!
"Inspired by the arctic atmosphere, this new Polar igloo™ encompasses the beauty of the cold outdoors. Fascinated by the elegance of the extreme climate where nature hibernates and strong protection is essential; Designer Rebecca Campora wanted to bring this perception with the new Polar Igloo™, by designing the ultimate child’s winter protection with minimalist lines, technical materials and dramatic colorways."
The 7 A.M. Polar igloo™ can be used in the car seat or in the stroller:
You do need to read through the details of your car seat warranty because using this in your car seat may void it's warranty. So you may want to look into this just to be on the safe side.
7 A.M. Polar igloo™ Features:
- Taking after Le Sac igloo®, it has the five-point harness openings which adapt to any stroller or car-seat.
- The hood can open flat by its center hook and loop strap opening.
- It also converts into a single panel cover.
- Its front panel detaches and can be used separately as a blanket in warmer weather, a great feature!
- The shiny and technical water-repellent shell protects from the elements with great style.
- The fluffy and lightweight fake down insulation brings incomparable comfort and warmth.
- The micro-fleece lining embraces the child with a soft shield, combined with the most voluptuous plushy coral fur on the front, adding a teddy bear like feeling.
- Ultra-soft premium poly insulation
- Machine washable
- Matches Polar Mittens, Hat and WarMMuffs
Now the Polar igloo™ may look similar to the car seat covers you have seen or even used before but let me tell you - IT'S NOT. This one is so protective and luxurious. The fur inside is so so soft, I wish I could crawl in it and go to sleep. I swear if they made a comforter or adult coat out of this I would buy it at any price! Even though it's made out of fake down, it feels real.
Not only is this feel fluffy and comfy, it's very light weight and plushy. It looks and feels fat but when you touch it and squeeze it, it's squishy and so light weight. I really just love how soft it is! The outter material is awesome. It's shiny and protects from the wind around here, I love it. It will be great for our cold and rainy spring too because of it's water-repellent shell and waterproof sealed zippers.
You can purchase the Polar igloo™ from $125 along with matching accessories like Mittens, Hat and WarMMuffs at 7 A.M Enfant.
Win a Polarn igloo right here! Enter to win by filling out the form below, it's super easy!
a Rafflecopter giveaway