Happy New Year!
So it's that time of year again!
Time to talk about the dreaded New Year's Resolutions haha. I say 'dreaded' because when I hear that term, I automatically feel like I will fail. Actually, I KNOW I will fail. That's why I think 'goals' is a better term. Just the sound of it makes you want to work your hardest to make it happen.
So hear it goes.
Here are my 2013 New Year's Goals:
- Loooooose WEIGHT! In case you have not noticed, I have quite a few fitness plans going on at the same time. I joined Mamavation. I will be starting back up Fitness Fridays again. And I have a few more things under my sleeve. I HAVE TO lose these 30-ish pounds for our summer vacation to Disney.
- Get closer to God. We've had major church issues in the past 3 years which has caused us to not have a real church 'home'... and it has made me lazy. I can't really say "it" made me lazy. But I have become lazy due to not having fellowship with strong Christians. I have stopped studying and I do not pray as much as I should.
- Along the same lines... I need to be a better parent in the "God" category. I want to bible study with my kids. We used to a long time ago but stopped. And considering we are not in a church right now, I need to be sure they are grounded in The Word.
- Purchase a home. We are finally going to try to make our first purchase this year. Since getting married in 2004 we have rented all these years. I am super excited.
- Goofy goal here... but my son is getting his drivers permit this month. I hope I can be a good teacher. I want to give him all of the experience I possibly can. I want him to drive everywhere I go so that I can be with him and teach him. My goal is to be the best teacher I can. I don't want to be too hyper. I am very nervous though.
- Breastfeeding. I hope to make it til Jack turns one year old. I know I can, I have no worries. But I always get antsy around 10 months and seem to want to quit.
- Food. I want to start eating real food. Nothing boxed or canned. Meat, veggies, fruits. That's it. Mike and I decided to get rid of almost all carbs. This will be very difficult for us because we both love food and really love carbs! Not sure how this one will turn out but we are very determined. The reason? Mike is a diabetic. Our doctor is working with Mike to get off his meds and get rid of his diabetes. Mike needs to lose 20 lbs and get rid of all carbs. We ARE going to do this as a family.
- Manage my time better. I not really sure this is logical. Being a parent of
a hundredsix kids, I guess it just seems like an oxymoron to say I want time to myself. So I guess I will just say that I want to manage my time better. I want time to blog without doing it while the kids are running around. I want time to cook without the house falling apart while I am in the kitchen. I want time to work out without inconveniencing anyone. I want time to get a monthly pedi without having to be rushed because Jack might need me. I want to start getting my product reviews done in a timely manner without 3 months going by and feeling panicked and over whelmed because I am so behind. Get it?
- I want to come up with a better budget. I decided to take over our money and manage it differently. Wish me luck!
- As a blogger, I want to be more active. I want to support other more and comment on other sites more.
I am sure I have a hundred more goals, but for now, this is my list. Is it crazy?
Are you making New Year's Resolutions or Goals for 2013?
If so, link up below!